The Worcester Chapter
American Guild of Organists
Worcester Chapter AGO
P.O. Box 20208
Worcester, MA 01602
1) Scholarship recipients must currently study with or be accepted for study with a member teacher of the Worcester Chapter AGO. If student is seeking a teacher, click here for a list of AGO member teachers.
2) Scholarship recipients must be a voting member of the Worcester
Chapter AGO. As such, upon notification of a scholrship aware, the recipient will have 2 weeks in which to join or renew for the ensuing membership year beginning July 1. Once a member in good standing, the chapter will announce the scholarship winners and convey the lesson fees to the teacher directly. If the recipient does not complete ALL of the requirements, the scholarship award will be forfeited.
3) Awards are to be used solely for formal private organ
study. There is no age limit. Consideration will be given to a variety
of goals and purposes for study, ranging from preparation for a career
in organ performance and/or church music to reviewing and honing basic
skills for improved service playing.
4) The total amount of resources available from the Scholarship
Fund will be determined annually by the Finance Committee. The Scholarship
Committee will then review qualifications, potential, and alignment with the WorcAGO Scholarship Program’s goals to determine the final recipients. Awards will be made in equal amounts to each recipient based
on the total amount of resources available.
5) Awards are considered and granted on an annual basis. A recipient may be granted a maximum of two awards (two years of study), but must re-apply after the first year for consideration for the second year.
6) Recipients will be required to perform on the annual
Worcester Chapter AGO Scholarship Recital, held in the Spring of the AGO fiscal year (approximately one year from application).
7) To apply, Applicants should fill out the online form, or submit a letter of application to
the Worcester Chapter AGO Scholarship Committee stating:
a) the goals you wish to achieve through study;
b) your musical background and current activities;
c) list of repertoire studied including works you are currently studying, plus the completed recommendation form from your current teacher. If you are not currently studying organ, the recommendation form may be completed by another music teacher, school teacher, choir director, or someone who can assess your skills, work habits, and potential. (Recommendation form is available online or upon request from the Scholarship Committee Chairperson);
d) contact information (address, telephone, email);
e) name of AGO member teacher
with whom you are or will be studying.
f) a brief biography
g) a headshot .jpg picture for our website.
Click here for recommendation
Click here for recommendation form if you cannot open pdf files
8) Please submit all application materials via online webform OR postmarked
no later than by March 1st to:
AGO Scholarship Committee
c/o Janeen Baker, Chair
44 Leominster Road
Princeton, MA 01541
9) Applicants will be notified by May 1st as to whether or not
they have been awarded a scholarship. The names of recipients will be
announced thereafter on the WorcAGO website.